Today was another chill day for the Honeyduo which we felt we deserved even though we probably didn't. We, again, slept in but this time only until about 10:00am when the guy to check the gas buzzed to come up. Jess went and collected him and brought him up and we battled the language barrier or English vs Portuguese while he worked.Jess had to have me light the burner because she's still afraid of blowing herself up or something but her being hyped up psyched me out so I did singe myself a little but the stovetop worked so we were cool! After that the guy was finished so we thanked him and sent him off before beginning breakfast. We made toast (shocker) and orange juice and sat on the back porch overlooking the garden, eating and talking and just enjoying ourselves.
It's always amazing to me how Jess and I spend literally all our time with one another yet we never run out of things to talk about. We could talk for hours(and we often do) and still have more to say. It's just the way with us. So there we say and talked for some time before we got the idea to try the Napolitianas we'd gotten the previous day. They're quite similar to the pastries we got in Paris and we thought they'd be the perfect contenders for a Pastry Comparison. According to our food research prior to leaving America, Portugal pastries are considered as good as Paris ones, though some claim them to be better. Being big desert fans ourselves we just had to compare! Result so far: I preferred the Paris pastry. The crust was flanked and the chocolate tasted better, however the Portugal pastry seemed to be dark chocolate while the Paris one was milk or semi-sweet. I don't like dark as much as the other two, so that might be a contributing factor.
That initial test having been taken Jess and I, again, split up into "our" parts of the house, Jess relaxing in the living room resting her foot, giving me the bedroom and free reign into the kitchen. I finished off the chocolate sticks we'd gotten, ate a great number of muffins, and in an attempt to keep me from eating us out of house and home,made some ice to chew on! In between these food runs I watched Monster High webisodes which turned into a multi-hour ordeal because perhaps each episode is only 3 minutes long but not do those minutes add up!
Eventually Jess reemerged and we were both hungry so we attempted to work the oven to make our pizza. We Googled how to do it and I think permitted it out, it just didn't work. Or we're just bad at it. I actually managed to convince Jess to hold the button for me while I worked the match but nothing stayed lit, which was a setback but not the end of the line for us daring heros (or at least enginuitive college students!). We cut the kinda thawed pizza into individual slices then cooked them 2 at a time in a pan on the stovetop. The bottom got a little burned, but it best no pizza at all!
We both gathered in the living room to eat out food and check out what was on TV. Big Bang Theory was on, which I hadn't seen in forever! It may not be the funniest show ever, but it certainly got a laugh out of Jess and I as we happily munched on our pizza. I was still hungry after that so I made some of the peas we'd bought (on the stovetop again cause there's no microwave) and we are those as well. When the Big Bang Theory episodes were over, some Disney movie 8 Below came on but we had no interest and instead watched some Boomerang cartoons in Portuguese. I don't think we learned anything, and we didn't get any of the jokes, but it was colourful so that's something! Scooby-Doo's voice actor in Portuguese has such a deep voice! He sounded like he studied the blade. Wild!
While we were in the living room Jess and I elected to visit the archives the following day and got our route all mapped put. It was only a train and metro ride away, so it seemed simple enough. This time Jess got directions for the walking parts as well, so we can be taught! Eventually I returned to the bedroom where I did the enormously interesting tasks of: Watching Monster High, and Eating The Last Muffin. It's all very important. With those matters handled and a plan for the morning, we both went to sleep, ready for another day of adventure!





No comments:
Post a Comment